Word Count: 84
According to David Bollier, the commons is:
- All the things we collectively own and have an obligation to pass onto future generations undiminished.
- Things we must protect and share: air, water, etc.
- Moral, personal connection
- The commons occurs whenever a community gets together and says that they want to manage a resource for the benefit of themselves/community roughly equitably and sustainably.
- The commons adapts to local conditions
- it always has common principles:
- make your own rules
- production, consumption, governance are linked.