TGAUU: A Script (Draft?)
I have been spending a lot of time with my old work. I have been asking a lot of questions, interrogating these old forms, old essays, old ideas.
I'm not totally sure where it has gotten me so far, but, let me run through a few themes that are definitely recurring.
- Reuse > The Vernacular
- F/LOS > The Commons
- Technology intervening to try and simplify things? Or just technological intervention...
- Appropriate Technologies
- Fluidity, tool agnosticism?
I like to use computers
I like to make art
I don't care if my definition of design isn't society's?
How can you as a cultural creator do something?
I'm terrible at real activism.
Just start at the present?
- Here are the current things I'm thinking about, trying to work on...
- Here's what is utopian about them.
- And here are some older things that led to me being at the place, thinking this way, doing what I am doing.
So doing these things in different ways, it IS important. It shows another way forward, or potentially MANY other ways forward. If we go back to this future speculation diagram, (show the FutureCone), then we see that as potential futures spread out, if we start aiming way outside of the probable, way further out into possible, or even impossible, we start to affect WHAT IS POSSIBLE. So, thinking through these things in whatever utopian lenses you have HELPS everyone else... ???
Also Created This Day:
- 020210303222832 Entry
- 50 Years BauHaus
- Bjarke Ingles
- Christopher Alexander
- Content is King
- Decoupling content from its site
- Designed Writings
- Extra Thoughts on CAPE
- From Indesign to Pure Content
- Notes on the Synthesis of Form
- Schematic Representation of the Educational Process at the BauHaus
- Speculative Design
- Speculative Everything
- Striving For Static Sites
- The 3Rs
- The Preliminary Course
- What advances the Creative Process in General?
- What is CAPE?
- What's the New Design Educational Schematic?
- Why is the Utopian Important?